2013 International Candlepin Champions MacLaughlin Truck & Trailer
So I got a couple messages from people that were expecting me to keep the updates coming through the playoffs, but I didn’t do that. I figured with Adam Melanson streaming the matches live I wasn’t needed and didn’t want to over saturate everyone, but I got some requests so I figured I would put together a nice little recap of everything.
What a week it was! The 2013 International Candlepin Championship had a little bit of everything this year! Here is just a glimpse
* Josh George throws 490 and breaks house record, only to be beat out the very next day by Rob Henderson throwing a 494
(Rob Henderson’s last 8 boxes of the 494. Source: Troy Colpitts)
* Fairlanes Town & Delivery broke a house record for team high triple at 2,075
* 20th Century Lanes broke the house record for team high single with 747
* In Sessa’s “500” pool, pretty much everyone picked Local Flavah for last place, but they fought hard and earned a playoff spot
* The high average race came down to the last match of the week and Jeff Surette beat out Josh George by 0.14
* 2oth Century Lanes came back twice from 40 pins + on Saturday to make the Finals
* There were 134 series of 400+ (not including playoffs)
* WMasshole Brian Mayer made his fourth consecutive Candlepin Championship final
So let’s get down to business here.
First off let’s thank Fairlanes for putting together what I here was a great tournament and for keeping everyone in the know of what happened throughout the week and the week end. From what I heard the crowds were great and it really helps get the sport out there.
Secondly, A huge shout out to Tommy Wood for keeping Candlepin Central up and running all week. Everyone really appreciated your hard work all week. It makes the people that are not able to be at the tournament know what is going on.
Third, I brought this up in the beginning, but I thought that the live stream by Adam was great. I felt like I was there, at one point I was yelling at the computer and the bowlers to “put it in the pit” and “blow it off the deck”. It also helped for me personally because 20th Century was streamed all day Saturday!
Fenway vs MacLaughlin
MacLaughlin got going early and the match was never seriously in doubt.
Lucky Strike vs 20th Century Lanes
Lucky Strike got up big after 2 strings, but 20th Centruy wasn’t ready to go home yet. 2oth Century put together a 70+ pin comeback in the last game to take the match by 5 pins.
(In the previous post I took MacLaughlin and 20th Century, good job me)
MacLaughlin vs Fairlanes Town & Delivery
MacLaughlin held off Town & Delivery thanks to a Josh George triple.
A+ vs 20th Century
20th Century did it again! 20th Century was down about 45 pins going into the final game of the match and everyone got going and they pulled off back to back come from behind victories.
(Did not post my picks, but I was all over 20th Century and MacLaughlin)
20th Century vs MacLaughlin
The first game of the match looked flat for both teams, but MT&T took a 22 pin lead. After the conclusion of the second game MT&T extended their lead to about 56 pins. You had that feeling that 20th Century would do it again, but that never materialized. They looked tired and couldn’t break up the splits and couldn’t get anything going. MT&T took advantage and finished them off.
(I stayed with 2oth Century here, but I was unable to go perfect throughout the playoffs)
Congratulations MacLaughlin Truck & Trailer on the 2013 International Candlepin Championship!