Even though I am not a Thanksgiving lover and I move from Halloween to Christmas almost instantly. I do have to give Kate a shout out for some great food this past Thursday. A Paleo chicken, home made mac & cheese and some great stuffing. She fought through the kitchen as I watched the Packers get blown out and still had the energy to get out to Target and get Jacob a bunch of great Christmas gifts! Thanks Kate!
I was playing around YouTube and came across the 2013 Nasa Pumpkin Carving Contest and thought to myself this could be interesting. Watched the video and Kate and I may have to enter this contest next year because we beasted our pumpkin!!!
So what do you think? Should Kate and I enter next year?
Kate and Devin’s pumpkin
Debo’s Top Five Thursday is back with the holiday edition! Today is Halloween and it got me to thinking, where does Halloween land in my favorite holidays? Any one who knows me knows what my #1 is going to be! What holidays fill in my top five?
5. Thanksgiving – Listen I am going to get a lot of ish for this, but some holiday had to fall into the #5 spot. The thing that everyone loves about Thanksgiving, I hate. I am not a fan of a lot of the traditional food of Thanksgiving. Last year Kate made lamb and that was cool. I think the reason that Thanksgiving made the list is because of football. There is football on all day and back when I lived in Massachusetts I would go to Thanksgiving Day high school football games with my family. It is definitely where a lot of great memories were made. I do wish that there were high school football games here in in Maryland on Thanksgiving because I would love for Jacob to join in that tradition.
4. New Year’s Eve – This is a day where we celebrate the end of one year and the beginning of the next. There are many ways to celebrate the New Year, when I was younger it was out partying and now with Jacob and baby girl coming, staying in and enjoying the family is where its at.
3. Fourth of July – America’s Independence Day! It’s not just about the parties and fireworks, its about America being the greatest country in the world. I don’t want to water this day down by writing too much…
2. Halloween – Costumes and Candy. I’ll be taking part in going Trick or Treating with Jacob for the first time ever today and will then add baby girl to it, it just sounds amazing. I also love to dress up, so there’s that.
1. Christmas – There are not enough words to explain why Christmas tops my list. I don’t even mean just Christmas Day, I mean the entire season of Christmas. It’s just a happy time for me. The music, the lights, Christmas tree, there is nothing bad about this holiday! I love driving around at night a seeing all the houses decorated with lights. I love watching the faces of my family when they open their gifts. I love that Kate and I have a tradition of going to get our Christmas Tree the day after Thanksgiving. It’s coming quick everyone, get ready for it! Only 55 days left!
P.S. This is me!
Josh Sundquist is a paralympian and a motivational speaker. Oh wait, he is also a genius when it comes to Halloween costumes! This flamingo costume takes the cake. The question is does he hang out like that all night? Or when he wants to show off? Pretty amazing stuff. Check out some of Sundquist’s other costumes, 2010 and 2012.